Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrismolina
Level 7

Screen Mirroring IOS

Hello. So I have an iphone 8+ and want to screen mirror on my roku tv, but roku doesn't support airplay. will airplay or screen mirroring with apple products be available in the future? if so that'd be great! thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 15

Re: Screen Mirroring IOS

@chrismolina wrote:

Hello. So I have an iphone 8+ and want to screen mirror on my roku tv, but roku doesn't support airplay. will airplay or screen mirroring with apple products be available in the future? if so that'd be great! thank you

While there have been rumors of AirPlay2 support coming to Roku in the past, nothing was ever actualized and are probably the result of the Apple TV app coming to the Roku platform.

That being said, for limited casting you can download the Roku app for iOS and send pictures/music/videos to the Roku.

Additionally, you can use the built-in DIAL-based casting support in YT/NF (and perhaps some other apps) to cast from within them to the Roku versions.

Finally, for full Miracast-based screen mirroring support you can try Airbeam: https://www.airbeam.tv/brands/mirror-for-roku-tv/

0 Kudos