Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon2
Level 7

Roku express doesn't show search bar

My Roku express doesn't have the option of a search bar, even though the model is meant to have one? The display on screen is completely different to the standard display advertised. Can anyone help or give me a contact email/ number?

Thanks!

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku express doesn't show search bar

What channel is this happening in? Roku doesn't develop the channels themselves, with a couple of exceptions. I don't have an Express, but the Roku devices I do have offer search in some of the channels. 

Can you post a picture of what you are expecting to see? It sounds like there's a picture on the box that you're seeking to find something that matches?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jon2
Level 7

Thanks for replying, its not to do with the individual channels, I'm trying to find BBC iplayer however there is no search option to search up different channels, I will send a picture tomorrow

thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

OK, when you are looking for channels, you don't use the search function. You go into the Streaming Channels menu, and you will find Search Channels there.

However, if you aren't in the UK, you won't find the iPlayer. You have to have a UK registered account for that channel to appear. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jon2
Level 7

Hi again!
Unfortunately i am unable to include a picture.
The problem is when looking through the streaming channels available, bbc iplayer and itv hub arent displayed on there, so i cannot add the channels to home. Usually there is a search option in which i can search these up, but in my device it doesn’t appear to have one? I am in the uk so these channels should be listed on there. Thanks
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 11

Isn't it here?

RokuSearch.jpg

0 Kudos
Jon2
Level 7

Hi again

That is the problem – there is no search option included in the list under channel selection. The list goes from Recently featured right through a long list of genres to web video but there is no “search” option with a bar you can type into. We are pretty sure we have been sent the US version of the device by Amazon (as all the suggested channels are US and there are no UK channels – should we just give up and send this back? Does the US version not have a search function? Thanks
0 Kudos