Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra (2019) -- Pair with Two Enhanced Voice Remotes?

We recently purchased the new Roku Ultra (2019 model), which comes with the 'enhanced voice remote' with shortcut buttons.  I'd like to purchase and pair a second enhanced voice remote with this Ultra so we can have one remote in the family room and the other in the kitchen area.

Is it possible to pair two enhanced remotes with our Roku Ultra?  Any special caveats in doing so?  I'd like to confirm before ordering a second enhanced voice remote ($30) just in case it's not possible or there are caveats with functionality.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra (2019) -- Pair with Two Enhanced Voice Remotes?

I haven't received my 2019 yet, but the older Ultra 4640 had no problems.  The only caveat might be an sdcard.  Whenever an sdcard is installed in the 4640, the remote would constantly disconnect, along with other problems.  This might be resolved with the newer Ultra.  Just an fyi; if an sdcard is not installed, then your apps are stored in the cloud, not a big deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the info.  We don't use memory cards with our Roku devices, so that aspect shouldn't be a  concern.  

If this enhanced voice remote was available on Amazon via Prime I would've just ordered it and then returned it if it didn't work out.  But I can't find it listed on Amazon.  It only seems to be available directly from Roku currently.  It's also hard to justify paying $30 for this remote when the entire Roku Ultra package was only $50 as a Black Friday deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Roku consoles can have as many wifi remote as wish, with roku TV's after second or third it kicks all wifi remotes off and you have start again with less. So go for it.

Edmund
0 Kudos