Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Roku Media Player 5.0 broken

Horrible how they broke the media player.  Almost completely useless if you want to use it to view photos or as a screensaver.  There are no options for speed, shuffle, file names are displayed over pictures by default and no way to turn them off.

It seems they screwed it up for some useless graphical changes to make your folders a neon like color.

FIX IT OR ROLL IT BACK!!!!

Highlighted
Level 7

Same here. App is unusable and exits straight away. We use this app near constantly for our little one watching cartoons on a home network from a Universal media streamer setup. 

App has been broken in last nights update (14/05/20). No way to switch updates off either I might add! Otherwise this media player program has been faultless since we installed the roku device (Roku 4K stick+)

Please fix the app by either returning it to the previous version.

Hurry please she's starting to think for herself!! Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Same problem here.  Yesterday (5/14/20) the Roku player built into my smart tvs updated to Roku 5.0 build 10, and now I get the "USB device is no longer available" message after about one minute of accessing my USB hard drive contents. 

I have 4 Roku TVs, and it's the same story on every one of them. I don't need Roku TVs if I don't have the ability to plug a USB hard drive in and access my photos and home videos. The ability to do that is why I even purchased Roku TVs.

Highlighted
Level 7

I am unable to play any video on a USB stick since the yesterday update.When i press OK to play the video,it just goes back to the home menu??

Highlighted
Level 7

This is completely unacceptable! You do NOT roll out an update before you've tested EVERY aspect of it. Never once have I had an issue playing from a usb. Now, I have to deal with this “USB device Roku Box is no longer available, please choose another source" garbage every 10 minutes. Ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, and it's absolutely ridiculous that they would roll this update out before testing it completely! So frustrating!

Highlighted

Why is Roku DECREASING compatibility? They should be INCREASING compatibility. Don't take away support for .srt with MP4 files. I seriously have no idea what Roku is even thinking. Instead of improving features and services, they degraded them and are making the Roku entirely useless to a lot of people.

Wake up Roku, roll back these changes and give us back the previous version that actually worked.

Highlighted
Level 8

Yes i tried to play movies on roku media player and now none of the subtitles play on any of my movies. really annoying was working fine with previous version.  fix this roku.

Highlighted

I agree. It appears that the main "update" in this new roll out was to change the appearance of the navigation menus. Isn't it odd that I can navigate all through the directory of folders and files on my USB drive, and the Roku displays them all, but it refuses to play the files? 

Roku violated every basic rule of testing on this update. I'm not sure they did any testing at all. 
I won't go so far as to say someone should be fired over it, but someone should definitely get demoted. Whatever they are paying the people responsible for this "update", they are paying them way too much.

At least you're not in the same boat as me and apparently several others. We can't even play our media files any more. Doesn't matter what type or format. The Roku will not access any files via USB. So what is the point of even having Roku in this condition? It's absolutely useless right now.