Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Express + with composite cables

Does Roku still make the express+ with composite cables? My cable company has already cut me out because I have older tvs and all their boxes require HDMI hook ups. Now I cant find an express+ with composite cables. Roku's web store reads out of stock. Does anyone know if they still make it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku Express + with composite cables

No one from Roku has ever commented officially, but the last model that had composite outputs was the 2018 Express+.  The belief is they will never be back in stock.

You can get HDMI to composite converters like this:

https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Supports-DVD-Black/dp/B06W9LQDBB/

It should work with a Roku or your cable box, although people have reported mixed results and you may not be completely satisfied with a converter.  You're probably better off investing the money in a new TV.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: Roku Express + with composite cables

How old are your TVs?   This one in the YouTube video is really old and the guy makes a modern Roku work on it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltxawcWYSTU   I've seen a few other YouTubes that managed to hook a HDMI Roku to a TV that only has cable input, too.     I have that exact 2018 Express+ stick hooked to a 2009 RCA TV that nobody really uses.   Just for giggles,  I bought one of those HDMI to composite adapters very cheap on eBay and hooked up a 3600 stick to to that same TV using composite inputs.  It seems like that would be acceptable, but that stick belonged to another TV so I didn't do more than that one quick test.   If you really *must* have that exact Express+, PM me and we can work out a deal if you are in the USA.    I won't mess with shipping to Canada or other countries. 

0 Kudos