Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makkenhoff
Level 7

Pokemon Sword/Shield causing Roku 3 players to stop working mid-stream and endlessly loop.

Jump to solution

Can confirm the band-aid fix is to set your switch device in airplane mode, you can have Bluetooth on, but not WiFi. The issue itself doesn't appear to do any lasting damage to the Roku 3 settings (Unless you panic and hit the reset pin on your device) but the question boils down to, is this something Roku can fix with a patch?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pokemon Sword/Shield causing Roku 3 players to stop working mid-stream and endlessly loop.

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

We have an update to share. Please follow the steps outlined here to help update your device:
https://support.roku.com/article/115012351368

This should help get things back on track for your device. Please let us know if you are still encountering an issue after performing a system update.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Aurak
Level 8

Re: Pokemon Sword/Shield causing Roku 3 players to stop working mid-stream and endlessly loop.

Jump to solution

Yep we confirmed that it is interfering with any roku device you basically have to enable airplane mode on the switch to allow roku to start working again was confirmed in another thread.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing.

We are aware of an issue when using Nintendo Switch and the latest Pokémon game impacting a limited number of Roku devices. We are working diligently to resolve this issue. In the meantime, turning off your Nintendo Switch or setting to airplane mode should resolve the issue.

We'll provide additional updates once they're available. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
alecryan
Level 7

Jump to solution
And what does Roku suggest we do if we do NOT own a Nintendo Switch? I live in an apartment complex so my neighbors might. I can’t go demand they turn their Switch to airplane mode. Smiley Mad
RockyM
Level 8

Jump to solution

This issue is because the Switch and Roku are on the same wifi network.  Does your apartment complex share wifi or do you have your own in your apartment?  If you have your own, your neighbors should not be connected to your WiFi.

0 Kudos
Mkt59
Level 7

Jump to solution

Airplane mode was not an option for us so i found another solution. I went into my router’s settings and turned off IPV6. IPV6 had dedicated the same address to both the roku and the switch. Everything is working perfectly now.

0 Kudos
Workinmama7
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is true to a non sharing  Roku tv. Yet on the same network in same house that’s using sword/shield. After restarting, resetting, unplugging, rerouting connections. All boils down to an issue with the WiFi on 2 different systems!! Some type of notice would have been nice receive ahead of time, before thinking this 2 yr old tv was junk, and considering buying a new one. Curious if this was something Roku just figured wouldn’t ever happen, or just no IT guy ever thought it could happen.

frustrated!!!

0 Kudos
Matheri
Level 7

Jump to solution
Why the **bleep** is my Nintendo switch being on affecting my Roku?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

We have an update to share. Please follow the steps outlined here to help update your device:
https://support.roku.com/article/115012351368

This should help get things back on track for your device. Please let us know if you are still encountering an issue after performing a system update.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos