Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratface
Level 8

Re: New guide (July 6, 2020)

It also hijacked my TV when I turned it on this morning! I had to turn it off & on a few times for it to actually settle down. There are a bunch of TV's on sale, I think I'll look into replacing my Roku (which is less than a year old) if they do not switch everything back!

0 Kudos
CitzenCain
Level 9

People are voicing their opinions on Roku's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/roku/

Nanstuff
Level 8

Agreed with every point others are making that this is a horrible update. We have no way to directly input numbers to change channels & must rely on scrolling the now bloated guide & I also have a concern there may be inappropriate listings/suggestions for some household members or guests.

This was my correspondance to Roku today. 

Dear Roku - In regards to the July 2020 guide update. PLEASE provide a way to remove or seperate the streaming channel list from the local tv listings. It is not only inconvenient but endangers our data limitations which will result in a huge bill we will be unaware of should a streaming channel be accidentally selected. This is an unfortunate update choice by roku & removed the very value of consumer choice it once had.

bratface
Level 8

I received the standard reply from them this morning that basically said tough noggies, you're stuck with it! I replied that if they do not give us the choice of going back I will replace my less than one-year-old TV with another brand that has no connection to Roku!

0 Kudos
bratface
Level 8

I don't do fb (they are the devil incarnate), so tell me how many complaints have they had so far?

0 Kudos
Dek108
Level 8

The new guide is terrible. Hate this tv now. 

0 Kudos
CitzenCain
Level 9

Just turned on the TV and it's been fixed no more streaming channels and the last channel button works !  

It's a miracle !!!!

rm5
Level 9

Power to the people!Robot Happy

lawrence_jeff
Level 8

Does it actually show that it updated today in the last update field? Don't have access to my TV to confirm at the moment

(What is the last channel button? Is that an actual button on your remote or some sort of code, I'm not aware of that function on my TCL)

gvillegeo73
Level 7

I did a manual update at 7:28 and a short time later my program guide reverted back to what it was before the streaming program guide. This is across all 4 of my Roku televisions. 

Software version 9.3.0

Build 4182