Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: New 9.2.0 build 4100-46 update causes Roku Media Player to lock up and reboot

@Psilobite wrote:

That IS the menu that comes up before clicking play.

I don't use mine for audio playback, so perhaps that menu is different from video. But in your screenshot you haven't selected a title for playing, so you aren't in the same location I was referring to. 

I did end up finding the "Repeat", "Shuffle", and "Screensaver" option for audio. I believe that the latest Roku software update has added the universal "Options" screen to audio playback, with "Volume" and "Accessibility" options from the left fly-out panel when the "*" button is pressed. Pressing the * button in the past brought up the "Repeat", "Shuffle", and "Screensaver" center white pop-up menu. Now, to get this pop-up, you have to press the * button IMMEDIATELY after playback starts, I think within something like less than a second.

The left fly-out panel never appears when I'm using RMP unless media is actually playing. I just tested this on my Sharp Roku TV to confirm. I switched on my music on my DLNA server so I could compare, and yes RMP does work differently with music from movies. However, I did discover that you don't have to hit the * immediately. Once the music begins playing, there's a list of menu options on-screen, showing Pause, Next, Previous, Start From Beginning, and Options. Chose Options and there are your playback choices. 

Now your issue is MP3 playback. Again, I don't generally use RMP for music playback, so I don't have any recent experience with it. I would recommend contacting @RokuChris and requesting to join the RMP beta group. The nice thing about beta testing RMP is that you still have the public version along with the beta version, so if the beta has a problem you still have the public version available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New 9.2.0 build 4100-46 update causes Roku Media Player to lock up and reboot

@Psilobite Thanks for following up. You may encounter that type of message if you double-click the 'Send' button when composing a private message. I have passed along your additional comments to our team and will follow up with you via PM to continue investigating. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Bob3
Level 8

Since I got the 9.2 firmware playing 10-30 minutes of netflix or the roku channel my streaming stick reboots and the remote no longer works. After 4-5 resets the remote works. Basically my streaming stick is unusable after the 9.2 release

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@Bob3 wrote:

Since I got the 9.2 firmware playing 10-30 minutes of netflix or the roku channel my streaming stick reboots and the remote no longer works. After 4-5 resets the remote works. Basically my streaming stick is unusable after the 9.2 release

This thread is specific to using the Roku Media Player channel. You should post your issue in a different thread, or start a new thread. It might not get noticed here.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos