Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWDXER
Level 10

Mirroring from the Roku Express+

I have an Express+ and I have been trying to mirror my Laptop (Google or Firefox) to the Roku. It doesn't seem to find anything. Under devices, it says "none" and a message under that saying always blocked devices.  Why would it say that, if the feature is available. Any idea if this feature will work?  I have cast my Laptop and Chromebook via the Chromecast easily, but with the Roku, so far no luck.  Thanks for any advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mirroring from the Roku Express+

Thanks for the note here!

Depending on the model of Express+ you own, screen mirroring may not be supported. Model 3710 does not support the feature. If you're using model 3910, the feature is only supported i the device is connected to your TV via an HDMI cable. 

See more specific information here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

Re: Mirroring from the Roku Express+

I have two Express+. One is the 3710 and the other 3900. But the 3900 is connected to an older TV w/o the HDMI input. Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos