Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sealilly
Level 7

Load MP4 video ON Roku Stick?

Jump to solution

Looks like a no, but any chance I can add an MP4 video ON a Roku stick?  I wanted to put our wedding video ON the stick and give to our parents. I understand there are many options as workaround but was trying to do this method.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Load MP4 video ON Roku Stick?

Jump to solution

No, no Roku device has no internal storage for media. You either have to use a Roku with a USB port and plug a USB stick into the port, or just put the video on a USB stick and let them watch it either on a computer or a TV with a USB port that can play the video. Note that the video has to be in a format that either the Roku or the TV has to support. Safest format would be an MP4 with AAC audio. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Load MP4 video ON Roku Stick?

Jump to solution

No, no Roku device has no internal storage for media. You either have to use a Roku with a USB port and plug a USB stick into the port, or just put the video on a USB stick and let them watch it either on a computer or a TV with a USB port that can play the video. Note that the video has to be in a format that either the Roku or the TV has to support. Safest format would be an MP4 with AAC audio. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post