Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cordcutternewbi
Level 9

Is Ultra 2020 an aggregator?

Is the Ultra 2020 an aggregator like the Fire TV Stick 4K or the Chromecast with Google TV?

I'm in the market for a streaming box. I can't decide if I prefer the Roku home screen or the Amazon or Google TV home screen. I keep switching back & forth!

I don't like the Amazon-centric home screen because it pushes Amazon stuff in your face. The Chromecast with Google TV screen doesn't push Google stuff in your face like the Amazon home screen. But I like the Amazon remote over the Google remote.

I know that one can search for titles on the Roku but can one search for genres like, say, sci-fi movies?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cordcutternewbi
Level 9

Re: Is Ultra 2020 an aggregator?

Hello?

Please answer my questions.

I've narrowed my choice of streaming box to either Roku Ultra or Chromecast with Google TV.

I know that one can search for titles, actors, directors, etc.  on the Roku but can one search for genres like, say, sci-fi movies, history, etc.?

I know that Google TV makes "recommendations" based on what one has watched. It also shows genres on the home screen.

Doesn't Roku do the same thing? I know that one can search for a movie title & Roku will show where it is available. It just doesn't show the "recommendations" & genres on the home screen.

Am I correct?

0 Kudos
Lparsons21
Level 9

Re: Is Ultra 2020 an aggregator?

I just tried searching for mysteries and then science fiction and got a slew of shows that fit the genre.  This on an Ultra 2020.  So it appears the answer is yes.

0 Kudos