Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdf
Reel Rookie

How to turn off amber alerts

All of my 5 different Roku devices stream well but get too frequent interruptions for Amber Alerts. They are extremely loud screeches! I'm civic-minded, however, these alerts are for cities far away from me. I will not be able to help in the searches for the children. And they are sometimes repeated many times during the day. I'm hoping someone here knows a way to turn them off? They are so much louder than the volume set on the tv that I jump out of my skin, and it sets my dog off barking. TIA

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to turn off amber alerts

@sdf-

Amber alerts cannnot be controlled by Roku.  They are part of the signal sent by whatever television station you are watching at the time.

If you have a Roku model that supports Volume Modes, you can see if Volume Leveling, or maybe Night mode can limit the volume on the alert tone sent by the station.  See this Roku article re Volume Modes:  https://support.roku.com/article/226802507

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
sdf
Reel Rookie

Re: How to turn off amber alerts

Thank you very much. I will try the volume leveling. I appreciate your response.

0 Kudos