Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caupo69
Level 7

Express Overheating / Losing Network Connection

I have a Roku Express (3900X), I have it placed on top of my DLP TV where there is no heat from the TV itself. The roku is always hot to the touch and I just received an onscreen temp check warning. Several times throughout the day I get a buffering warning and the network connection has to be reset which always shows excellent connectivity via the roku system panel. Are these two these two issues connected? And what can I do to eliminate the overheating? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3\
Hergskrat
Level 8

Re: Express Overheating / Losing Network Connection

I had similar issue with Premiere though it didn't lose network connection.  The audio would randomly get garbled or the picture would pause for buffering - even though I have plenty of bandwidth and excellent connection status. Also started getting heat warning.  Contacted Roku via email and they said to return under warranty program.  You have to pay for the return and then they wait to receive before sending out which takes a few days.  So you are without TV for over a week.  

0 Kudos
Janosa
Level 7

My Roku 3900X us running very hot.

92-93 degrees and it will not connect to my router. says low signal

Also got an extender to see iff it was a signal issue.

Still will not see it. Smiley Sad

Now in the same spot i tryed a "now tv" box. and guess what it connects fine. and it has good signal.

Now that tells me the roku 3900x is having big issues.

Now i cannot find the box for it, so i can't prove where is was bought Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
caupo69
Level 7

I am still waiting to hear back from Roku. 

0 Kudos