Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flint5135
Level 7

Country Code is set to nil

When using Vudu I get a message something like - Country code USA, your code nil.

I have rebooted the Roku.  I have deleted and readded Vudu app.  I have gone to another Roku device on my account and I get the same results.  Apple TV with Vudu on the same network is fine.  I called Vudu and and after an hour on the phone they said it is a manufacture (i.e. Roku) problem.

The Roku account has been open for at least five years and we use Vudu at least a couple times a week, until this issue developed this week.  It seems Roku support are the only ones that can reset my country code from nil to USA.  Any suggests?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Country Code is set to nil

When you removed it and added it again did you reboot/restart the Roku in between the removal and add?  If not, you didn't accomplish anything.  The only other suggestion is a factory reset which will require signing into any channels/apps that you've subscribed to directly (not through Roku; those subscriptions will be automatically restored).

I have some doubt that a factory reset will accomplish anything since it's happening on multiple Rokus.  It does sound like something about your account is screwed up.  You could factory reset, create a new Roku account, and link to that, but if you're paying for any subscriptions through Roku then I think that would be a bad idea.

Try https://support.roku.com/contactus

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos