Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Casting to a roku.

I have a n Apple tablet. I want to cast my device to my roku to watch Facebook live videos. Is there a way to do this for free? I tried looking for apps but they all want money to do the device casting which chocked be a free function. I can do it with my multi media already. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Casting to a roku.

No, iOS doesn't support casting to a Roku. Android devices can, as can Windows 10 laptops. There have been apps that claim to support Roku casting from an iOS device, but I've never found anything that works. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Even for Android, not all can cast to a Roku. Many can only cast to a genuine Chromecast.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

I used to have a Samsung S8, and it cast just fine with the correct app. Can't remember what that app was, though...

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

To expand a bit: Stock Android only works with Chromecast. Some manufacturers add extra drivers like MIracast to support more generic casting.

0 Kudos