Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot stop Update Software message from coming up

Roku Ultra, model number 4670X, Software Version 9.2.0.4807.

I have an odd thing that started to happen a week ago out of nowhere.  About 5-10 seconds after I turn everything on, wherever I happen to be in the Roku system (home screen, Netflix, wherever), I get a light-grey box showing on the screen that says, "The latest version of the software is available for your TV. Do you want to update now? (Version 04.71.30)."  Below that wording is a No and a Yes button.  But there is no way to select or click either of those buttons.

This message goes away after about two minutes.

I did go to my Settings and request a software update, but it is up to date already.

Here is an image of the screen:  https://imgur.com/a/oC8Fh0F

How do I get rid of this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cannot stop Update Software message from coming up

Oh shoot. I bet that's not the Roku but the TV that it putting that message up.  I'll try that in the morning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

BINGO!  You beat me to it.  99.9% chance that notice comes from the tv.  Next time, tell it to go ahead and update and be done with it.

My old Samsung does the same thing, except it updates in the background an pops up a notice to tell me the update is complete -- pain in the rear.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yup, it was the TV.  I hate it when I have a "DUH!" moment right after I post a clueless message. LOL.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos