Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NannyS
Level 7

Broken screen

Jump to solution

Yesterday my Roku screen was broken and tv is unable to use.  I am trying to protect my information that was on the tv, because it was taken out of the trash.  If I take the device off my account will that shutdown my account and any credit card info that has been put on the apps or do I need to reset my passwords?

thanks for you help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Broken screen

Jump to solution

I assume you mean a Roku TV. No, just removing it from your online account does not remove anything from the TV. Even if you can't see the screen, power it up and press the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds. Not one second less. Then the TV is wiped. 

I don't think the TV has any credit card info stored locally, so yes removing it from your account would block that. But the TV does have passwords stored for any channels you use that require authentication, so a reset would be prudent. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I assume you mean a Roku TV. No, just removing it from your online account does not remove anything from the TV. Even if you can't see the screen, power it up and press the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds. Not one second less. Then the TV is wiped. 

I don't think the TV has any credit card info stored locally, so yes removing it from your account would block that. But the TV does have passwords stored for any channels you use that require authentication, so a reset would be prudent. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
NannyS
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so kindly for such a quick response. I will get that done right now.

Have a great day! 

NannyS.

0 Kudos