Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian369
Level 7

Re: Airplay not working on roku premiere

Jump to solution

AirPlay started working on our Roku Premier Plus all on its own. Then, after we used it for a few weeks, it suddenly disappeared, 

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that Airplay will be supported on the following Roku devices on OS 9.4 as outlined in our Support page here

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 

Roku Streambar™

9102x

Roku Smart Soundbar 

9101x, 9100x

Roku Ultra

4800x, 4670x, 4661x, 4662x, 4660x, 4640

Roku Premiere

4630x, 4620x, 3920

Roku Streaming Stick®+ 

3811x, 3810x

If you do not see Airplay on the above devices, please be patient as we are working hard on releasing Airplay to the above mentioned devices and it may not be readily available.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Duck05
Level 8

Jump to solution

On my Roku Premier, the Airplay screen appears when casting an iPhone or iPad to the Roku. So far so good. And the Roku device name shows up on the Roku but the screen to select it is grayed out and only (below it) the HomeKit setup screen is active.  

Setting up the HomeKit does nothing.

This feature so far is worthless.

0 Kudos
icancomplain
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have this same issue on a 4660x Roku that is regularly updated and from an iphone 12 pro from Apple Music.  Everything looks like it is going to work and what’s playing on the iphone shows up on the tv screen, but after 2 seconds it cuts back to the black AirPlay settings screen.  I never hear audio played.

@AmericanSunset wrote:

Danny,

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my Roku Premiere (3920X) Serial YH00E5909694, software 9.4 build 4200-91.

I see Roku Premiere as an Airplay option on my iPhone 6S.  (I'm using it for music, not screen mirroring)  When I select Roku as the Airplay destination, the song is shown on the Roku screen but I get no sound.  After a few seconds, the Roku stops showing the song and it displays the Airplay setup screen.  The Airplay on my iPhone switches off and the song pauses.  After that, if I hit "play" on the phone, it plays through the phone speaker.

I

0 Kudos
JEDonahue
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same behavior for me on Ultra 4800-X running 9.4.1 build 4236

Murat-K
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, I purchased a Roku Premiere+ (3921 series)  last week, chose a 4K model especially because I wanted Airplay support. I setup the device and updated to the latest version 9.4. Everything works fine but there is no Apple Airplay option on the settings menu, and on my Apple devices Roku doesn't appear on the Airplay devices list. Is this a defect on my device, or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Murat-K,

Thanks for the post.

Currently, the Roku Premiere + (3921x) is not supported by Airplay. We hope to support additional models in the future.

For more information about using Airplay and Homekit, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming ...

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Janie16
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

see device details below, airplay is working with iTunes but I stream video, specifically from Fiit.tv app as it keeps jumping back to the settings page.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

jane

model - 3920 eu premier 

version - 9.4.0 build 4200-91

serial - P7308D237921

0 Kudos
FG_Mary
Level 8

Jump to solution

We just got our Roku Premiere (3920x) to work with Airplay. Maybe our experience will help some others. 

1. Make sure your iPhone and Roku are on the same wifi network. Basic, I know, but that tripped us up once.

2. Go to the Roku Settings for Airplay and Homekit. Enable Airplay. We did this and ignored the Homekit part because we didn't really care about controlling home devices with the iPhone. Well, it turned out we DID need to install the Home app on our iPhone, then Add a device, let the Home app scan the QR code that is in the Homekit Settings on your Roku box. Give it a name (we used Kitchen) and when we were done, "Kitchen" was the device name that showed up on our iPhone device list for Airplay.

Before we set up the Home app (on the iPhone) and Homekit Settings (on the Roku), the device name that showed up as the target to cast to was "Roku Premiere", but when we tried to select it, it kept going back to the Airplay Settings.  After we installed the Home app and set it up with the QR code from the Roku, the device name that now shows up on the iPhone is "Kitchen" (or whatever name you select), and it allowed us to start casting the video we wanted to watch on our Kitchen TV. 

I know this sounds confusing, but hope it helps. Bottom line is you MUST install the Home app and set up the Homekit settings if you want AirPlay to work on your Roku 3920x.

Sunvalley2001
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's very helpful.  The Apple site talks about setting up a Homekit hub via Apple TV or a 'homehub'  I'm not really wanting to do this - I don't have those.  Did you have to do something like that?  Setup a homehub?

Thanks

0 Kudos
icancomplain
Level 7

Jump to solution

@FG_Mary wrote:

We just got our Roku Premiere (3920x) to work with Airplay. Maybe our experience will help some others. 

1. Make sure your iPhone and Roku are on the same wifi network. Basic, I know, but that tripped us up once.

2. Go to the Roku Settings for Airplay and Homekit. Enable Airplay. We did this and ignored the Homekit part because we didn't really care about controlling home devices with the iPhone. Well, it turned out we DID need to install the Home app on our iPhone, then Add a device, let the Home app scan the QR code that is in the Homekit Settings on your Roku box. Give it a name (we used Kitchen) and when we were done, "Kitchen" was the device name that showed up on our iPhone device list for Airplay.

Before we set up the Home app (on the iPhone) and Homekit Settings (on the Roku), the device name that showed up as the target to cast to was "Roku Premiere", but when we tried to select it, it kept going back to the Airplay Settings.  After we installed the Home app and set it up with the QR code from the Roku, the device name that now shows up on the iPhone is "Kitchen" (or whatever name you select), and it allowed us to start casting the video we wanted to watch on our Kitchen TV. 

I know this sounds confusing, but hope it helps. Bottom line is you MUST install the Home app and set up the Homekit settings if you want AirPlay to work on your Roku 3920x.

I had already tried all the HomeKit steps and it made no difference.  I’m sure your advice will help some, thank you.  I need to go back and try AirPlay from a different app other than Apple Music, just haven’t gotten around to it.

0 Kudos