Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpelss
Level 7

After 11/11/2020 update it will not connect to our router. I think this update just bricked my roku.

After 11/11/2020 update it will not connect to our router. I think this update just bricked my roku.

Funny thing is, from my router, it shows that the roku is getting an IP address, but the roku insists that there is no internet connection. Yes I have a connection. I am typing this, ok.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
dannyburks
Level 7

Re: After 11/11/2020 update it will not connect to our router. I think this update just bricked my r

mines doing same thing how can you fix it\

makaiguy
Level 21

Re: After 11/11/2020 update it will not connect to our router. I think this update just bricked my r

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Hannahallan
Level 8

Me too - Only just seen as dont use very often - any tips on how to get it working

0 Kudos
Hannahallan
Level 8

Suggestion did not work

0 Kudos
AcesHigh
Level 7

I have 2 Roku's and both are using ethernet connection.  I'm having connection issues on both of them, and I tested the cat5 connection with a cat5 tester.  Is someone looking into this on the Roku side?

My smart TV that doesn't have a Roku and all other PC's/XBox's/etc. are having no connection issues.

Jgaltx
Level 8

I am having the exact same problem. Two Roku Uktras now cannot use wired Ethernet connections after 11/11/20 update. They both connect and then say “No Internet”. Wireless works fine, but I bought the Uktra for the wired connection. Roku needs to fix this **bleep** patch that has broken everyone’s wired Roku.

when will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Lttlbit36
Level 7

It bricked 2 of ours. We thought because they were a few years old they may have just quit. So we bought a new streaming stick. It saw all the networks around us. It updated and now no available 😢 😕 networks to be found. Im not a happy camper 

0 Kudos
vpelss
Level 7

Ours came back eventually.

Not sure what combination worked, but power cycled our router, factory reset roku, etc....

0 Kudos
Psthisisnotme
Level 8

i did post this last year and I am still very very upset about this, because mine never could be fixed and there is no more support on a Roku 3. During the Pandemic I switched back to my old slow router d-link which worked  as before! But was so slow and the ISP has been so inconsistant, that I figured I would try anything to get service, new modem, new cables , back to new router NetgearXR500 that worked before the update. Just in case the problem was fixed with Roku. I have a Firestick but like the Roku better. However I shall not buy anymore Roku products because I feel this is not a good thing to not own up to for this company. The only answer I got was ridiculus.It worked but not practical. It hooked up to my phone or tablet ok ,but uses my data. That was from a Roku tech who like me exhausted all efforts. EVERY OTHER DEVICE DID CONNECT AND  STILL CONNECTS. Yet wired or wireless it refuses to connect or stay connected to my Netgear XR500. If this is planned to be obsoleet, I'm not happy and dont want to buy a Roku product again.THANKS ROKU I HOPE THIS TYPE OF STUFF HELPS YOUR STOCK. #roku

0 Kudos