Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lochiel
Visitor

tmp:/ filesystem size?

Quick Question about the tmp:/ filesystem. How do I know how much space is left in it? Do I even need to worry about that, or will it be cleaned out automatically as I fill it?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: tmp:/ filesystem size?

tmp:/ system space is variable depending on how many channels you have installed. If you are using the space, you will need to manage it while your app is running. When your app exits, the tmp:/ space is cleaned up.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Lochiel
Visitor

I guess I'm looking for guidance on how to manage it. My first thought was to check for available space before writing to it, but that doesn't appear to be an options. My current line of thinking, which I haven't had a chance to test, is to attempt to write, verify that the write worked, clear out space if it didn't, and then attempt to write again.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

How large a file are you thinking of writing? If you are writing images then just write them, and delete them when finished using them, or, use roTextureManager which should manage them for you.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Lochiel
Visitor

roTextureManager is exactly what I was looking for; I was trying to write my own version of this that probably would have been slow as heck and broken twice as often. Thank you.
0 Kudos