Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goya
Visitor

Re: the following code reboots my roku 2 xs

"jbrave" wrote:
Whoa, I didn't know about that lawsuit. I just read up a bit on it.

Apparently its about having a button in your "Lite" app that links to a paid app. That applies to almost every other free app in the Apple app store, and now on Roku, we have that functionality available too. The patent system needs to be dismantled be revised in some fundamental way.

- Joel

re: patent system

they've actually just made it even worse...

it like game over you lose worldwide forever, except for mega multinational corporation

basically its not first to discover/create/release, but first to file...

who can afford to file all day, not small inventors...

basically it's going to be a world of pain for small corporations and inventors...

and we are all going to pay for it...

basically you have patent trolls legal firms setting up shell corporations to go after companies like roku

think, sco vs linux, extortion racket, spreading fud... backed by huge corporation like microsoft...

but now its the wide west... you have mercendart lone-wolf mega legal firms getting in on action backed by multinational wolf pack hedge funds...

even microsoft has to look over their shoulders

they are going out and buying enmass patent rights and then cashing in / collection royalty, like mafia protection racket...

prepare to pay for it over and over again in every thing you buy...

wait til ibm get patent for method by which one can make money with a computer device...
0 Kudos