Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocknrollguy
Channel Surfer

submitting audio channel (now that Soundbridge is gone)

I have an internet station that I would like to develop and submit for Roku consideration but I noticed that Soundbridge has been discontinued. Can anyone direct me to current submission info to have an audio station on Roku?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: submitting audio channel (now that Soundbridge is gone)

It is the same channel submission process as for video channels.... Regardless of what type of channel (video, audio, games, etc...), you can go through the same channel submission process.

The terms of the submission are documented in the Developer Agreement. The process of using our website to submit channels is documented in the Channel Packaging and Publishing Guide. Both documents are included in the SDK which can be downloaded once you've created a developer account.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
dupondt
Channel Surfer

Re: submitting audio channel (now that Soundbridge is gone)

Hi rocknrollguy,

welcome to the forums.

Can anyone direct me to current submission info to have an audio station on Roku?

Unless you really want to develop (programme) your own channel for the DVP you can submit the information to RadioTime and ask them to include your station into their database. It will then be available via the RadioTime channel already present on the DVP.

BTW: Although the SoundBridge is EOL it's still worth while submitting your station to Radio Roku (please see http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15642).

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot
0 Kudos