Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandal
Visitor

Re: star rating & runtime

In your xml file you may want to just remove this line. <runtime></runtime> It will not show 0, just nothing shows on screen. If you remove or comment out the section of code that controls this, it applies to all shows.
Only because you may have other video in your xml file that you want to insert the length.

Update on the stars if using 4.1 SDK videoplayer. To keep the stars away for good after watching a show and the Resume button shows with stars here is the code that includes 2 statements to remove stars:
screen.ClearButtons()
if regread(show.contentid) <> invalid and regread(show.contentid).toint() >=30 then
screen.AddButton(1, "Resume Playing")
screen.AddButton(2, "Play from Beginning")
screen.SetStaticRatingEnabled(false)
else
screen.addbutton(2,"Play")
screen.SetStaticRatingEnabled(false)
end if
screen.SetContent(show)
screen.Show()
0 Kudos
creator
Visitor

Re: star rating & runtime

"RokuJoel" wrote:
I think if you comment-out, or remove this line:

item.Runtime = validstr(curShow.runtime.GetText())

and this line:

item.Length = strtoi(item.Runtime)

in function parse_show_feed, which is in showFeed.brs, that will remove it.

(to comment a line out, so that it no longer does anything, just put a single-quote mark in front of it like this):

'this line is just a comment

- Joel

I did what you suggested and it removed all of the runtimes and this was what I wanted to do. Thanks for the help with the code again. This forum is very helpful to someone like me who doesn't know much about the code.
0 Kudos