Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

sdk 2.7 questions and concerns

Ok i have to say this came to a total surprise to me!

i haven't see anyone really talking about this or anything and actually until i turned on POD TV and noticed the grid... so i thought hey Nowhereman has got a job her and a leg up on us, haha

then i did a search for POD TV and see in that thread that it was available for download (sdk 2.7). and I don't recall getting any email or mention of it. But after reading the pdf it seems there have been changes and we must adapt to them.

Are there any things we need to pay particular attention to?

and you know what maybe cause i just started using the netflix channel, i personally don't like the grid much, too much on the screen and i find myself looking off to the next item that isn't highlighted etc, and i think it gives me sort of a headache...

please Chris DO NOT do this to the youtube channel 😞
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: sdk 2.7 questions and concerns

There was some discussion about it in this thread, but no formal announcement: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32379&p=207062#p206880

All of the updates are new features or bug fixes, so you don't need to change anything. You've actually been developing on the 2.7 SDK for over a month now (came with the release of the 2.7 firmware), it just wasn't officially documented until earlier this week...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Great cause i thought i was gonna need to learn something new, cause i am having enough probs as is!!

I think i am the only person who develops any channels that is not some sort or programmer by trade or had some sort of schooling etc, at times i know people scoff at my questions and they don't get much responses.

It takes me reading these docs like re reading them over and over and just confused more, i applaud you guys for understanding so quickly.

so with that said, thanks endless you just helped drop my anxiety a bit know i do not need to start over, haha
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

The formal announcement should come next week. We wanted to make sure everything was settled nicely in the field before announcing formally.

Patrick
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

what do you mean "settled in the field" patrick?

Patrick since your here, when we will have that capability like Netflix has with the movies and thumbnails? thats neat....
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
what do you mean "settled in the field" patrick?

Patrick since your here, when we will have that capability like Netflix has with the movies and thumbnails? thats neat....

I know you asked Patrick, but assuming you're talking about the thumbnails during fast-forward and rewind, that's already possible. Take a look at the BIF documentation.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

ok.. i may do that....

But you know what, i think i will keep with the old "kiss" motto till i figure out this video player example!! lol
0 Kudos
jgravert

You can create BIF files with ease using a program from www.burningbushsoft.com

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos