Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvxxz1
Reel Rookie

roku developer mode doesn’t work anymore but my app still says its available on roku

so i’ve seen that the only way the developer mode is not able to be used is because the app your trying to use/used violated roku terms of policy but on the app it still says that my app is available on roku still but i try to do it and i follow every step but i just can’t activate developer mode . so basically if my app still says it’s available on roku why am i blacklisted. why is my app saying i can get it on roku but it won’t even let me activate developer mode 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku developer mode doesn’t work anymore but my app still says its available on roku

What app are you talking about?  Is this something available in the channel store that you can no longer work on?

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Re: roku developer mode doesn’t work anymore but my app still says its available on roku

I am assuming you are talking about your Roku device!

Sometimes the URL or ip changes and you cannot access developer mode!

First: Reboot and update your Roku device in settings!

Next:  You will need to try to access developer mode and turn it off!

dfisable Developer Mode on your device!
On your remote or App Press:
Home 3X
up 2x
right, left, right, left,
Right.

Disable and turn off!

Next:

Enable Developer Mode on your device!
On your remote or App Press:
Home 3X
up 2x
right, left, right, left,
Right.

Make note of the new IP address!

Access developer mode now!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
luvxxz1
Reel Rookie

it’s not an app that is an official channel i look that up and it didn’t work i try accessing developer mode it doesn’t work i restart tv nd everything idk 

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

OK if it's not your device that has an issue with Developer mode then it is your account and access to the developer dashboard!

First : Many members forget or use a different email address to sign in and use their developer account other than the account they use to watch TV and add channels!

Some people have more than one Developer account with Roku! Check your accounts and details!

NEXT: The device you're using to access the TV, at least one device needs to be connected to your Developer account and use the same login details, The email needs to be reverified in your Roku Account!

Next, you did not mention or state that you converted your channel to SDK from Direct Publisher because Roku stopped supporting Direct Publisher back in July 2023!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos