Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greno
Visitor

roSlideShow and incorrectly rotated images

I've come across a few photos where the roSlideShow shows them in landscape mode and not in portrait mode. Has anyone else come across this?

From the little research I've done, some phone apps store all photos in landscape mode, and set a flag in the file that says whether the photo should be rotated or not. It seems that the Roku doesn't take the rotation flag into consideration. I think the flag is stored in the EXIF info in jpgs and I should be able to use roImageMetadata to pull it out. But even if I can pull that setting, how would I rotate a photo in roSlideShow?

Thanks,
-Gregg
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: roSlideShow and incorrectly rotated images

I don't think you can, but you can create your own slide show with roImageCanvas or roScreen, and both have rotation functions - ImageCanvas supports arbitrary rotation and roScreen supports 90 degree rotation only.

- Joel
0 Kudos
greno
Visitor

Re: roSlideShow and incorrectly rotated images

OK, I'll take a look at doing that. It might be good to add this to the bug or enhancement list.

Thanks Joel!

-Gregg
0 Kudos