Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkipFire
Visitor

roPosterScreen flat-episodic non-focused posters missing

I have an app that appears to have broken with a recent update, and I'm sure I need to update something minor but I haven't found any changes in the SDK docs about this. I have a flat-episodic format roPosterScreen and all of my items have a poster that shows when it is focused, but they are all blank when not focused. Any pointers? If I switch the mode to portrait every entry shows a picture when focused and not focused, though they get a bit squished since the posters for this screen are designed for landscape.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roPosterScreen flat-episodic non-focused posters missing

I think this is a very old "bug" that appeared with the 2nd generation units and was reported at that time. The non-focused posters never showed on those units, but they still show on first generation units.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SkipFire
Visitor

Do you recall hearing of any workaround?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The only workaround I remember is using one of the other styles that doesn't suffer from this problem.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SkipFire
Visitor

Ok, thanks.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

flat-episodic-16x9 doesn't suffer from this problem, so use that instead for a similar look.

Also, on firmware 3.1, flat-episodic doesn't have this problem.

Always make sure the images you use are close to the recommended sizes for the listStyle you are using or the screen will become sluggish.

- Joel
0 Kudos