Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btpoole
Level 7

roList Element

Having hard time on something. I have used roRegex split to separate a long string. According to the sdk this breaks the string into a roList. Well, the sdk for roList gives example of printing elements by using simple loop thru the index. It also shows you can use list[index number] to print specific element. I have tried the following based on the sdk but get errors.

This is from sdk to use split:

r = CreateObject("roRegex", "/+", "")
r.Split(currentlocation)

So once this is done I should have a rolist called r made up of the elements from the split, which in this case is only 3 parts.
I have reference the sdk for the rolist below. I should able to loop thru the list and print all elements or use r to print a specific.

r.ResetIndex()
x= r.GetIndex()
while x <> invalid
print x
x = r.GetIndex()
end while

Now when I step thru the rolist r I get error that member function not found referencing the line
r.ResetIndex()

I am assuming I don't understand completely, can I get some guidance on this.
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuMarkn
Level 7

Re: roList Element

r is an roRegex, not an roList. r.Split() returns a list, it doesn't change the roRegex into an roList. You need to do something like

list = r.Split(currentlocation)

Then you can iterate the list using your GetIndex code with "r" replaced by "list", or simply

for each x in list
print x
end for

--Mark
0 Kudos
btpoole
Level 7

Re: roList Element

Thanks Markn, I was under the impression that the split created the list but I understand now.
Thanks
0 Kudos