Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvids
Visitor

roGridScreen Prevent looping back around to first item

I'm guessing this isn't possible but wanted to see if it was possible to prevent a roGridScreen from looping back to the first item? I think I might be able to catch the remote button push and prevent going to the next item but it's still going to show the first item afterwards which is weird. Is there some option I'm missing that I could use? Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: roGridScreen Prevent looping back around to first item

If you have fewer than 4 or 5 items per category (depending on gridstyle), then it won't loop to the first item.
0 Kudos
dvids
Visitor

That does appear to work but I'm afraid that's not an option as we have quite a few more videos than that.
0 Kudos
dvids
Visitor

One way I thought of is to limit navigation on the last item in the set and then add on several items on the end with a transparent png for HDPosterURL and SDPosterURL. The main issue with this is the count in the upper right is no longer accurate which means you'd have to hide it to avoid confusion.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Creating your own screentype would allow you to have it shown exactly as you want it - but it's a lot more work with roScreen/roImageCanvas.
0 Kudos
dvids
Visitor

Yes, I would like to avoid any custom screens. Thanks though.
0 Kudos