Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kressaty
Visitor

roGridScreen Black Background Distortion

I've got an roGridScreen that shows when my app launches, which goes to an roPosterScreen, and then that goes to an audio player (built off of the audio player demo app). When I visit the roPosterScreen and then go back up (close) to the grid, everything is fine. When I go from roGridScreen => roPosterScreen => Audio roSpringboardScreen, and then go back up to grid, I get a distorted roGridScreen with a black background at the top and bottom and weird looking album art, etc. - it's almost as if the screen is failing to redraw properly. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm closing everything with Close() on msg.isScreenClosed() and still having issues which i'm guessing is related to stacking order? Any help is greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roGridScreen Black Background Distortion

Read this thread. You can't stack a roGridScreen like you can other screens. RokuChris mentions video screens, but I've also seen the behavior you're seeing when trying to start audio while a grid screen is open. You can start audio and then display a grid, however (see the SomaFM channel).

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

We consider this a known bug that we'll be fixing in an upcoming release. (very soon).

--Kevin
0 Kudos
kressaty
Visitor

Cool. Closing the roGridScreen and reopening each time I return to it is working, though not ideal (have to re-query my API each time, so it takes a few seconds), but it's good to know it'll be fixed later on. Thanks!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"kressaty" wrote:
Cool. Closing the roGridScreen and reopening each time I return to it is working, though not ideal (have to re-query my API each time, so it takes a few seconds), but it's good to know it'll be fixed later on. Thanks!

You might consider doing something like I do, and have a wrapper "class" for the grid screen that caches the current screen of data, and opens/closes the screen as appropriate, so you don't have to query your API every time. You can then use it in a stack the same as any other screen, with the exception of needing to call "Hide()" and "Show()" or whatever on your wrapper class.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos