Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

roAudioPlayer loop no longer working

Not sure exactly when this happened, but I noticed today my song loop no longer works - after the last song plays it's silent.

Has something changed with roAudioPlayer in a recent update?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: roAudioPlayer loop no longer working

I'm sure i noticed this before. I seem to remember it changing during late firmware 7. However, i just checked the only channel i have with a looping audio playlist ( on 8.1) and it's working. So, I'm no help. It'd be great if there were a place to get answers like this.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Well heck, now it's working fine, and I can't seem to recreate the problem! I'm not going crazy here, I swear!

I haven't updated the Roku further or changed anything. I haven't updated my game or sideloaded a new version of it. I've tried to retrace my steps so the music would behave the same way. But the problem seems to have vanished. When I previously ran into the problem I made sure my sound was still on (like the TV hadn't gone on mute or something) and the sound was indeed still on (sound effects were loud and clear).

Oh well, nothing to see here folks. I'll just keep an eye on it and update here if it happens again.

(This was on my Roku 3 4200 with 8.1, getVersion() reports 048.10E04145A )
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

AHHHHH, it just stopped again, not after the last song, but this time after the first song (after having looped a couple times already)!!!!! (I'm not certain the previous times were after the last song, maybe, maybe not). (I only have three songs in the list right now.)

I waited for a long long time, thinking maybe the song somehow was messed up and was silent but the next song would start normally, but it never did.

I then tried audioPlayer.resume(), no effect.
I then tried audioPlayer.play(), and the next (second) song started right up. I waited for it to play multiple songs - it got to the end of the list (third song played) and looped back around and played the first song, but then stopped again and didn't play the next (second) song. So in other words, it went around one time and stopped, 2, 3, 1.

This time I did audioPlayer.setLoop(TRUE) and audioPlayer.play() and again the second song started. Once again, it played second song, third song, first song, and stopped after playing through each song once. 2, 3, 1.
This time I did audioPlayer.play() first, then audioPlayer.setLoop(TRUE), same results, 2, 3, 1
This time I did audioPlayer.setnext(0) to start back at the start of the list...this is different. The whole list played, and it then looped back to the first song and played, but then stopped again without playing the second song, 1, 2, 3, 1.
I tried audioPlayer.setnext(2) to start on the third song... more different/weird this time. It played 3, 1, 2, (skipped 3, I definitely noticed this!), 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, with no more stopping

We'll see...
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

It has happened two or three more times, playing through songs 1,2,3,1 and stopping. I think it has happened every time since the last post.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

That's just weird. My dev box is a 4200 8.1 like yours. I really have not messed with it in a couple of years but some things are certainly different. I have an audio player screen, and I used to be able to start the audio, and then run other screens,  go back and re-open the audio screen function and it would be at the right place and continue playing. Now, it stops the audio when re-opening the audio screen ( while not re-initializing the audio component). At that point if I hit stop and hit play again it's fine, so the audio component is still valid but something is stopping it. It could very well be my fault, but it worked before and now it doesn't. I may look at it again but it's kinda low priority for me right now.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos