Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ofir_nesher
Visitor

"There appears to have a problem. Please try again later"

Hi all,
I'm new to Roku but have made a couple of direct publisher channels before.
I'm getting back to this after a while and trying to publish a new channel and getting this error when loading, and then immediately returned to the main home screen.

I have no idea what to do, and after an online search, haven't found any concrete solution.
Moreover, the "feed status" section indicates that the JSON provided is fine.
(I have made a factory-reset to my device, deleted the channel and restarted the device, but still, getting the same error after publishing)

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
avodahsoftware
Binge Watcher

Re: "There appears to have a problem. Please try again later"

I am having the same issue too... I've created channels previously, and the Roku developer dashboard says it ingested my feed successfully. 

Have you found any resolution with yours?
0 Kudos
luiznick
Visitor

"avodahsoftware" wrote:
I am having the same issue too... I've created channels previously, and the Roku developer dashboard says it ingested my feed successfully. 

Have you found any resolution with yours?

This is a Roku problem, which is already taking more than two weeks to be resolved.
Hi Luiz,

Thank you for reaching out to Partner Success. After looking into this issue, it appears that it may be due to a bug on our end that is affecting all Unpublished versions of Direct Publisher channels. I have created a bug ticket and hope to have the issue fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting the issue and look out for the fix soon. I will let you know if our engineering team has any questions for you or steps for you to take.

Thank you, 
Amanda

Hello,
[/font][/size][/color]

This issue is ongoing. It is rated as a high priority issue, but the cause has not yet been determined. There is a team actively working on solving the problem and we suggest that you hold off on making additional changes to your channel while we wait. We apologize for the length of this issue as we know this is longer than normal. Please look out for the fix in the near future and we will update you as we are able.

Thank you, 
Amanda
[/font][/size][/color]
0 Kudos
avodahsoftware
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the update!
0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

We are having the exact same problem.  But only on some unpublished channels and/or on specific Roku devices.  Glad to hear Roku is aware.  Any eta to a fix?
0 Kudos
ofir_nesher
Visitor

"podworx" wrote:
We are having the exact same problem.  But only on some unpublished channels and/or on specific Roku devices.  Glad to hear Roku is aware.  Any eta to a fix?

Not mentioned in their reply... And it's taking so long.
Anyone else has any news?
0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

I believe it's been fixed.  All the unpublished channels I had that were problematic are now working correctly.
0 Kudos
avodahsoftware
Binge Watcher

I'm still having trouble.... should I delete channel and recreate?
0 Kudos
ofir_nesher
Visitor

"avodahsoftware" wrote:
I'm still having trouble.... should I delete channel and recreate?

Same here... I've created a new channel and still having this issue.
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE???
0 Kudos
avodahsoftware
Binge Watcher

I'm seeing this issue again on a channel I just published. Any help?

0 Kudos