Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnary
Streaming Star

"Feed Too Large" - Trying to Update my DP channel to SDK

I'm in the process of moving my Direct Publisher channel over to SDK. When testing my channel locally, the only thing that shows up after the load screen is "Feed is too large." I guess it might have something to do with my JSON feed. My JSON feed continues to work without issue on my Direct Publisher channel. I have a total of 511 items listed within the JSON feed. What am I doing wrong?IMG_2379.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Feed Too Large" - Trying to Update my DP channel to SDK

Look at the template code, specifically

https://github.com/rokudev/rdp-to-scenegraph-channel-template/blob/a62db0b78453553f4146fdf41dc43b8bf...

The code sets a maximum size for the root feed download.  This is a safe guard to ensure the channel starts up in a reasonable time, but you can try changing the code in your version of the template to a larger size.

0 Kudos
johnary
Streaming Star

Re: "Feed Too Large" - Trying to Update my DP channel to SDK

Thank you. After altering the value from 500 to 1000, I get a spinning wheel as the channel eternally tries to load. Will keep working at it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.