Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnaphani
Visitor

problem in getting RSA key on windows

Hello all,

I am planning to set up a new channel which is free to watch . And I am trying to follow step by step from here

http://www.herofish.com/2012/01/how-to- ... r-channel/

and as per this website instruction he asked me to download Putty and generate the genkey RSA key . I have downloaded it but and it way it said , but some how it is not generating the RSA key . Is there other way of getting the RSA key , can anyone send step by step instruction how to get the RSA key .

I am using Intel pentium ( I also have AMD too ) running windows 7 .

thanks
phani
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
bandal
Visitor

Re: problem in getting RSA key on windows

Go to the shell with cmd and I believe telnet is available on Win 7. I use XP.

Then type
telnet rokuipaddress 8080

Then you will see the serial number and a > below it.

type
genkey

Wait and then copy and paste into your editor and save the password and keep it for all future packaging of your channel each time an update is needed.

DA
0 Kudos
krishnaphani
Visitor

Thanks DA for Quick reply. I hope I understand you right , What I did is On WIN 7 --- > START----> CMD ( the place it says search or run) -----> (this brought a DOS window) ------> There in that window using CD.. I navigated to root path . At this place when I am typing the C:\> telnet rokuipaddress 8080 or C:\> telnet it is complaining that 'telnet' is not recognized as internal or extrernal command operable program or batch file
0 Kudos
krishnaphani
Visitor

Thanks DA , I was able to get what you said , Actually in the Windows 7 , I did something like this and I was able to get what I needed

http://www.itdoescompute.com/2009/10/29 ... windows-7/

thanks for the help
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

Yes that would do it, I thought telnet was ready in Win 7.
DA
0 Kudos