Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: playall videos like onion news network

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:
In combination with the PlayStart attribute, yes. You'd want to make sure you break on a segment boundary,

sounds interesting!!

just to be sure i understand, what do you mean exactly by "segment boundary" ?

you have an example to play with to get this working ? i know i will have to make changes to it to make it work in the video player example

You're familiar with the M3U8 file... each TS in there is a segment. You'd want to break between those segments (i.e., not in the middle of a TS).
I'm afraid I don't have any examples, but what you have now should work, if your PlayDuration and PlayStart attributes are set correctly within your array of videos.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
]
In combination with the PlayStart attribute, yes. You'd want to make sure you break on a segment boundary, though, if using HLS, otherwise you could get some repeated video when you restart playback.

Didn't Roku state that there's currently a problem with trying to use two different videos appended in an HLS stream? Or is that something fixable through the m3u8 file?
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"kbenson" wrote:
Didn't Roku state that there's currently a problem with trying to use two different videos appended in an HLS stream? Or is that something fixable through the m3u8 file?

He wouldn't use the same m3u8 for the different videos. One url for the pre-roll, a second url for the video with a PlayDuration and a PlayStart of 0, a third url for the mid-roll, the second url again with a PlayStart value to start where it previously ended, etc...
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Just be aware that using that technique will cause a rebuffer at each transition to a different video.

--Mark
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
the duration has worked until now, and i think its cause of in the app detail screen its not setup for the prerolls and will do duration on the first video it plays.

which the preroll is only like 20 seconds ...

ok it seems if you fast forward will get you extra 30 seconds since the get position is set for 30 seconds...

test it out endless i sent you the channel code, its weird that sometimes it does it sometimes not
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
"dynamitemedia" wrote:
the duration has worked until now, and i think its cause of in the app detail screen its not setup for the prerolls and will do duration on the first video it plays.

which the preroll is only like 20 seconds ...

ok it seems if you fast forward will get you extra 30 seconds since the get position is set for 30 seconds...

test it out endless i sent you the channel code, its weird that sometimes it does it sometimes not

It's specifically set to 30 in your code. No reason you can't set it to lower if you want, but I was pretty sure you got a position notification after a fast forward, regardless of the interval.

Your pre-roll seems to work pretty well, though the buffering between it and the main clip was a little distracting, but I don't think there's a way around that. I've only had a chance to test one video so far, but it doesn't seem to be stopping during the preview... at least not after 4 minutes of viewing... ?
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

"TheEndless" wrote:
Your pre-roll seems to work pretty well, though the buffering between it and the main clip was a little distracting, but I don't think there's a way around that. I've only had a chance to test one video so far, but it doesn't seem to be stopping during the preview... at least not after 4 minutes of viewing... ?

its supposed to stop after 2 minutes...

i have had mixed results with it too, it seems if you touch the remote in anyway some changes and its not 2 minute preview any longer
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
arifimam
Visitor

I need to add a Play All button on detailScreen, I am using videopalyer example. please help
0 Kudos