Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrym
Visitor

old devid on new roku

Hello,

How do you I transfer my old devid from older roku to my new one?

I bought a roku 3 and want to update my channel without making users relink - I've search the forum - maybe not searching correct terms?

I tried rekeying but got "Invalid Public Key" and now I also have ( Packager (no dev key) )

arrrgh......

Harry
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: old devid on new roku

Rekey is what you need to do. The "invalid public key" message means you entered the wrong password for that key.

--Mark
0 Kudos
harrym
Visitor

okay thanks Mark...

Another question then - my channel only requires add/iggytv there is no signup or password required. When I update the package - I am updating the images for the channel header and store icon - will current users have to re-add the channel if I use a new devid on the new package?

*** is there a way of updating just the channel store and header images without having to re-submit a package?

Harry
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Hi Harry,

just update the images and send me an email, I can publish the images without you submitting an update.

Changing the DevID will cause your users to lose bookmarks if you have a resume feature in the channel. Generally speaking it is best if you always use the same devID - if you were using the registry for linking the channel to your website for example, the users would become unlinked when the devID changes.

- Joel
0 Kudos
harrym
Visitor

Thanks Joel,

I haven't setup any linking yet so I think I will be okay. I plan on new development later this year with the new roku 3 upgrade and am looking into linking the roku channel with the website.

Harry
0 Kudos