Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malort
Visitor

mixed-aspect-ratio Grid + SetListPosterStyles = Green Flash

I am experiencing a green flash on the screen when calling SetListPosterStyles after the grid has already been created. Calling this after is a requirement because I am trying to work around another bug on the mixed-grid (hiding rows=reboots). Has anyone attempted to change the row styles of the mixed grid successfully without causing the green flash - OR - does anyone at Roku have a work around for this? I really appreciate any help any of you can provide!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
malort
Visitor

Re: mixed-aspect-ratio Grid + SetListPosterStyles = Green Fl

Anyone over at Roku have an answer or suggestion? Sadly this is the second bug I've run into trying to work around another issue in mixed-aspect-ratio grid.

1. Hiding Rows on a mixed-aspect-grid screen will Reboot a Roku, and any hardware version. (not 100% of the time, but more than 50%)
2. To get around issue number 1 (which has been reported), we've decided to move the rows (we were going to hide) to the bottom of the mixed-aspect-grid. Of course, the rows are all different aspects, so now we have to call SetListPosterStyles to reset the styles, which causes the green flash on the screen I mentioned in the first post. Remember, this is done after a grid has already been displayed.

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: mixed-aspect-ratio Grid + SetListPosterStyles = Green Fl

I tend to doubt you can eliminate the green flash in this situation. You could close the grid and then recreate it sort of like this:

> image canvas with "loading" text
>>while loop
>>>call grid screen with gridscreen data
<<<grid closes revealing imagecanvas and function returns with update message,
>>logic in while loop gets update message and reorganizes rows
>>end while

This is how you have to handle Grid screens anyway on legacy devices to avoid bleed-through on video playback.

- Joel
0 Kudos