Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malort
Level 7

mixed-aspect-ratio Grid + SetListPosterStyles = Green Flash

I am experiencing a green flash on the screen when calling SetListPosterStyles after the grid has already been created. Calling this after is a requirement because I am trying to work around another bug on the mixed-grid (hiding rows=reboots). Has anyone attempted to change the row styles of the mixed grid successfully without causing the green flash - OR - does anyone at Roku have a work around for this? I really appreciate any help any of you can provide!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
malort
Level 7

Re: mixed-aspect-ratio Grid + SetListPosterStyles = Green Fl

Anyone over at Roku have an answer or suggestion? Sadly this is the second bug I've run into trying to work around another issue in mixed-aspect-ratio grid.

1. Hiding Rows on a mixed-aspect-grid screen will Reboot a Roku, and any hardware version. (not 100% of the time, but more than 50%)
2. To get around issue number 1 (which has been reported), we've decided to move the rows (we were going to hide) to the bottom of the mixed-aspect-grid. Of course, the rows are all different aspects, so now we have to call SetListPosterStyles to reset the styles, which causes the green flash on the screen I mentioned in the first post. Remember, this is done after a grid has already been displayed.

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: mixed-aspect-ratio Grid + SetListPosterStyles = Green Fl

I tend to doubt you can eliminate the green flash in this situation. You could close the grid and then recreate it sort of like this:

> image canvas with "loading" text
>>while loop
>>>call grid screen with gridscreen data
<<<grid closes revealing imagecanvas and function returns with update message,
>>logic in while loop gets update message and reorganizes rows
>>end while

This is how you have to handle Grid screens anyway on legacy devices to avoid bleed-through on video playback.

- Joel
0 Kudos