Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xcoldx
Visitor

make a hulu channel with out paying for hulu plus

is there anyway to make a hulu channel with out paying for hulu plus i know i can go to the webpage and watch it free why cant i do it on roku too and how about a calendar app so i can keep up with what movies are coming out on netfilx and a app that tells me what updates i get and for what channel so if i get one and im not home i can go to that channel and see whats new and add veetle please theres alot of free movies on there heres a link--> http://veetle.com/index.php/listing/index/entertainment
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Mr__E
Channel Surfer

Re: make a hulu channel with out paying for hulu plus

Hello,

1. There's no way that Hulu would allow their content to be viewed for free on something besides a computer without paying for a subscription. This mostly has to do with the contracts they have with content companies(major networks and film companies). It is also relevant to advertisers - they get less return on their investment when a customer cannot click through on an ad shown to them.
2. Your calendar app is a great idea. If you've done any programming in the past, get a copy of the SDK and start hacking away at it until you have something useful.
3. I've never messed with Veetle, but they may have an API you can use to program a channel for it.

Now, to be perfectly honest, your post makes you seem very immature. Please use proper grammar, and while we're glad to help, don't post with the expectation that anyone will do the work for you.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: make a hulu channel with out paying for hulu plus

"xcoldx" wrote:
how about a calendar app so i can keep up with what movies are coming out on netfilx

The Instant Watch Browser for Netflix channel (both the Free and Paid versions) provides this information. It has upcoming movies and tv shows as well as new and expiring titles for Netflix.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos