Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

.isUnderrun StreamBitrate always returns 0?

On this page of the SDK - http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... layerEvent it lists StreamBitrate as the average bitrate of the stream, in bits per second.
The measuredbitrate and isunderrun work fine, but it appears the streambitrate is using whatever I set in the xml file for the bitrate of the stream, rather than the average actual bitrate it is receiving.
For example, since my channel only has a single video file per content item, I have the bitrate set to 0 for each file I play, and when I query what is supposed to be the average bitrate of the played stream it always returns 0 because the contentitem.streambitrate is set to 0.

Am I misunderstanding what the StreamBitrate should be giving me? I mean obviously if the roku is rebuffering, then the current stream bitrate for playback actually would be 0 as it isn't playing anything. But I was hoping it would give me the current video's bitrate or required bandwidth just prior to the rebuffer operation so it could be compared to the 'measuredbandwidth' value to see how much of a difference there is between the two.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: .isUnderrun StreamBitrate always returns 0?

Yes, StreamBitrate is simply the bitrate that the stream declares itself to be. If you declare it to be zero, StreamBitrate will report it as zero.

--Mark
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: .isUnderrun StreamBitrate always returns 0?

Thanks Mark. So it's probably easier to log if the actual average bitrate is specified for each stream.
0 Kudos