Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishDev
Visitor

install channel without opening store

I have been going through the documentation and I cannot get my head around this. Is there any way to install a new channel in the background without going to the app/channel store on RSG SDK?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
peterflax
Visitor

Re: install channel without opening store

i dont think so :c
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

The user can add channels from the web, but don't think it would be possible to complete that process from inside a roku channel. Doing this in the background from brs would probably be considered something of a security risk since users could get a channel without realizing it, and that channel could look like an official channel and phish their login.

The channel can launch the store with the option to add a new channel.  I've done it before a while ago, would have to look around now for how that's done.
aspiring
0 Kudos
manishDev
Visitor

"joetesta" wrote:
The user can add channels from the web, but don't think it would be possible to complete that process from inside a roku channel. Doing this in the background from brs would probably be considered something of a security risk since users could get a channel without realizing it, and that channel could look like an official channel and phish their login.

The channel can launch the store with the option to add a new channel.  I've done it before a while ago, would have to look around now for how that's done.

That's correct. It is pretty straight forward to launch channel store with the option to add a new channel. That unfortunately kills the current app. I was wondering whether there was any mechanism to raise a request and listen to channel store while the process is finished silently.
0 Kudos