Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

ifSpringboardScreen.SetDisplayMode() - what does it do?

"ifSpringboardScreen" wrote:
SetDisplayMode(displayMode as String) as Void
Sets the mode for displaying slideshow images. This allows images to be either scaled to completely fill the screen (scale-to-fill) or scaled to fit inside the screen (scale-to-fit) while maintaining aspect ratio. Valid display modes are: ...

What does this function do?
Sounds like this is from a slide-show screen but what would it do for a roSpringboardScreen?
What slideshow images, scaled to completely fill which screen? Is there some undocumented meta-magic (like background image) or?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: ifSpringboardScreen.SetDisplayMode() - what does it do?

Looks like a copy-paste error. SetDisplayMode changes the way the HDPosterUrl/SDPosterUrl is scaled when displayed in the upper left of the springboard.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: ifSpringboardScreen.SetDisplayMode() - what does it do?

"TheEndless" wrote:
Looks like a copy-paste error. SetDisplayMode changes the way the HDPosterUrl/SDPosterUrl is scaled when displayed in the upper left of the springboard.

Thanks, i tried and indeed seems to affect *PosterUrl only. No full screen anything anyway. Will add it to the ever-growing (and rarely shrinking) list of doc things to fix.
0 Kudos