Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brybott
Visitor

ifSGNodeField.setField() fail

I have a situation where setting a field on a node occasionally fails. According to the documentation:

setField(fieldName as String, value as Object) as Boolean

Sets the value of the subject node field identified by fieldName to value. This will fail and stop script execution if the value is not of the appropriate type. Returns true if the field is successfully set, false otherwise.

So, setField() is definitely returning false, and the field type is definitely correct (it's defined as a string, and I'm definitely attempting to set a string on it). Is there anything else that could make setting a value on a field fail besides a type mismatch?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: ifSGNodeField.setField() fail

Are you sure it is returning False?
From what i remember, setField() was "silent but deadly", contrary to what TFM says - i.e. it was neither stopping with error nor returning false when called with wrong arguments.
0 Kudos
brybott
Visitor

The code I used to test this is:

isFieldSet = m.top.setField("someField", someString)
print "isFieldSet: "; isFieldSet

And I see in the console:

isFieldSet: false

So, I'm as sure as I can be.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"brybott" wrote:
So, I'm as sure as I can be.

Splendid. Now give a more complete example, so one can reproduce the issue. I.e. what type is the field, where is it declared, what's assigned and so on.
0 Kudos