Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mramim
Streaming Star

how to re-key a channel without previous package?

I had a direct publisher channel which I converted to a SDK channel. Now I've completed the code and uploaded the channel to the store but I cannot publish it, because Static Analysis has detected that previous DevId of the package is not the same as current devId. This makes sense, but to rekey the previous package, I need access to the package(which I don't have). What are my options here? I'm not sure what can be done. Please help.

Thanks, Regards.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Re: how to re-key a channel without previous package?

If you forgot only dev id. old password available with you. which used for your old package generated. then option is available. perform below steps : 

PackageUtility.PNG

Go to Package Utility -> Select/Upload your old package -> Enter your old package password -> click the Rekey button. -> if you getting success message in below you successfully able to rekeying your package. and if you not getting the success message you are doing something wrong. After getting success message. you go in Application Packager. here you show your old Dev ID.

Please here Read the Documentation carefully. In the documentation last option for rekeying the channel. I think Roku needs to update his documentation for the packaging channel.

If you are forgot both(old id and password which is use by your old package generated). then not options available. please contact partnersuccess. And another thing, Currently, Roku does not store dev id and password anywhere. And Rekey is the only option when you forgot only your old id. So, only a single option is: you created a package with a new dev id and password. Make sure the new one has kept it with you and contact to partnersuccess. And Ask Roku to manually publish your channel. and provide your channel information to Roku. One another thing, your all users old registry will be destroyed after a published channel with a new id and password.

0 Kudos
mramim
Streaming Star

Re: how to re-key a channel without previous package?

Chaklasiyanikun, thank you for your reply. As I said in the question, the problem is I don't have previous package, devId or password since previously this was a direct publisher channel. I guess my only option is to reach out to roku support. Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos