Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long ty approve a new channel

After a developer submits for a new channel on a Roku, how long does it usually take for it to be approved?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: how long ty approve a new channel

It took 3 months for me to get published last week. I need to check the details - but i think there was delay of 2wks on their side after testing started, then 2wks on my side while i patched something, so discounting that i would say 2 months queue wait till ones turn comes (preposterously long? why, yes! they are strategically understaffed) and then a short yet variable delay. The guys were excellent when we were in touch though.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

What's your channel EnTerr?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
What's your channel EnTerr?

https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/59088/tangrams
Also available as beta from a thread in the General board.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Looks good, nice and clean (from the pics, haven't tried it yet)
0 Kudos
Ace
Visitor

Took me 4 months. They say in the Tagged post at the top of the page it is MUCH less now. Read it!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Ace" wrote:
Took me 4 months. They say in the Tagged post at the top of the page it is MUCH less now. Read it!

Huh, what do you know? I guess someone reads the announcements/boilerplate on top. Not me though, apparently - just saw it now when pointed at. Post dated 7/17 - I guess i was the last backlogged case in question, since i was the last channel published 7/17. Which makes me both a little amused and a little sad at the same time.

Anyway, we should keep a thread sharing our experiences. Who knows, with enough volunteers we may make a tracker like this http://appreviewtimes.com/ (btw, current iOS review wait averages 6 days end-to-end, from submittal to approval)
0 Kudos