Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FML2010
Visitor

go from detail screen to category feed

what is the command to go all the way back to the category page?

i want to have a button on my detailScreen take them back all the way out to th ecategory feed

thanks i have tried
if msg.isButtonPressed() then
showHomeScreen(screen)
end if

and this

if msg.isButtonPressed() then
showHomeScreen()
end if

and neither are working, in fact will just sit there when pushing the button
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: go from detail screen to category feed

The natural navigation of the screens follows a stack order. this occurs naturally if you write a new brightscript function that includes a event loop for each screen. When you exit the event loop for the screen, you exit the function for the screen and end up in the next function up on the stack which is the event loop for the previous screen and the display stack shows that screen.

It is not advised to allow any other type of navigation, though there are cases where it comes up. If it is something you think is worth the extra coding difficulty, you could keep track of all the references to your screen objects and explicitly close the screen and delete references in a flow that does not follow the stack order.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.