Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmc
Visitor

data cleanup on uninstall

Hi,
Is there any event function which can be trapped in brightscript at the time of uninstalling app ?

I would like to cleanup certain data from registry at the time of uninstall,
so that when user installs channel again, channel goes through device activation process again.

I have also though of accessing app ID using external control (SSDP), but I am not sure whether app ID is really unique ?
I mean if I uninstall app and insall same app again, will it have different app Id ?

Also is there any example for using ssdp to fetch app id from brightscript ?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: data cleanup on uninstall

When a channel is uninstalled, the registry associated with that channel is automatically removed. You don't need to do anything in your channel to make this happen.

This doesn't work quite the same way for dev channels. For a dev channel you need to do a "check for new software" to make the dev channel's registry be removed after removing the dev channel.

--Mark
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: data cleanup on uninstall

If you have multiple channels with the same devID -- then the registry will not be cleared until all those channels are also removed.
0 Kudos