Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumar
Visitor

control roku user in my private channel

how to make private roku user on my private channels. Because i want to make view my channel for certain roku user only.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: control roku user in my private channel

There are a lot of ways to do this. The easiest way off hand I can think of is - ask your user for their roku's serial number, and hard code it within your roku app itself. If anyone else tries to use it, it won't work because your serial number check will fail when they run it on a different roku. You can change the serial in the pkg for each person allowed to use your channel, or include multiples in the app itself.
Otherwise, you can have it prompt for a password on execute, or check your server database for a list of authorized passwords, or check IP addresses of requests on the server, or check certificate authentication keys, or check for an ascii file connected to USB on the roku, or or or... lots of possibilities.

Sub RunUserInterface()
currentserial=CreateObject("roDeviceInfo").GetDeviceUniqueId()
if currentserial="13A16X123456" then intheme()
End Sub

Sub intheme()
'user device id is authorized, app starts here
End Sub
0 Kudos
kumar
Visitor

Re: control roku user in my private channel

Thanks for your reply. I want to try using php code since I have made already database using php script but cannot trace the roku device unique id. I want to control using php script. can I do with this script
0 Kudos