Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xavier
Visitor

component node out of screen display

Hi all,

Developing with SceneGraph, I'd like to create a screen (series type of screen) with following components :
1st position (A): a description of the serie
2nd position (B): a row list showing the episodes of that serie
3rd position (C): a description of focused episode
4th position (D): a row list showing all the actors of the serie

When user first enter the screen, only A and B are displayed but when moving the cursor to B I want to reveal C and D by scrolling the all screen down.
I know C or D can get the focus (by debugging I am able to do some print and I know for sure that C or D has the focus) but the screen does not scroll down automatically.
Is there a way to achieve this ?

I am thinking of a work around, putting B and D in the same row list with a big gap in between to render C.....But I was just wondering if there is a cleaner way !
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: component node out of screen display

Yes you should be able to do it with animation.  You could either put A, B, C, D into a group and animate the translation of the whole group (vary the y value downwards by the height of A and B) or do a parallel animation of each A, B, C, D or any combined subgroups thereof.  https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Vector2DFieldInterpolator
aspiring
0 Kudos
xavier
Visitor

Re: component node out of screen display

Hi,

Thanks for your input. It worked like a charm !
Thanks
0 Kudos