Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitkaushik
Visitor

can we add any thumbnail on the rovideoScreen?

hi,
I want to play a audio file on roVideoScreen.
Can I add a thumbnail image on the rovideoScreen?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: can we add any thumbnail on the rovideoScreen?

No, but if you use roVideoPlayer in combination with roimageCanvas or roScreen you can display a thumbnail on the roScreen or roImageCanvas, in front of the video.

- Joel
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Is there a particular reason you want to use roVideoScreen instead of roAudioPlayer to play your audio file? Unless you have a need for built-in position notification (over tracking it yourself with an roTimeSpan), that seems like an odd choice. I'd suggest using roAudioPlayer in conjunction with roImageCanvas to do what you've described.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
rohitkaushik
Visitor

@RokuJoel
I am using roImageCanvas for custome screen.
But i don't know how to show a progress bar on roImageCanvas.
If I uses a rectangle for progress bar then how to add a dynamic rectangle on roImagecanvas.
0 Kudos
rohitkaushik
Visitor

@TheEndless
by using roImageCanvas,how to show a progress bar for audio and its progress timing on roImageCanvas
0 Kudos