Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shantyman
Visitor

Yume and Roku Video Advertising Integration ?

What this will means for for content providers On Roku ?
is Roku planing to run this ads on they own channels,or they will make it available for
other channels as well with simple integration and revenue share ?

http://www.yume.com/content/yume-announces-video-advertising-integration-content-providers-roku-plat...
Roku Channel: Eulive
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Yume and Roku Video Advertising Integration ?

At the moment this means that we've worked with YuMe to make sure we can support their platform and we have developed BrightScript code that we can provide that allows developers to add a preroll to their content with basically one line of added code.

We can support other ad platforms as well.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

Yeah, integration is pretty easy even with the normal ad platform without Roku provided code. We worked with them a while back on a failed idea (we seem to have a lot of those, but we aim big ;). Yume seems like a great company, glad to see they are working on a broad solution for the Roku.

I'm interested in whether this is a Roku provided service, or something that needs to be set up directly with Yume? That is, is Roku providing an easy interface that links to the Roku developer account and takes a small cut, or does a Yume account need to be set up? I can see benefits to both, and it would be awesome to have all that handled by Roku for getting stuff deployed quickly.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

You will need to setup an account directly with Yume.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
dherbst
Visitor

Where can I find more information on the brightscript integration? We already have a YuMe account and would like to integrate YuMe ads into our channel.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"dherbst" wrote:
Where can I find more information on the brightscript integration? We already have a YuMe account and would like to integrate YuMe ads into our channel.

Drop an email to partners@roku.com and we'll get you set up.
0 Kudos